Friday 7 September 2012

Chapter Four

"Can you um repeat that?" Khushi asked as if she didn't hear a word Arnav said.
"I said...I like you." 
"Um..."
"Hahaha! Kidding! Got you!" Arnav said that to stop things from getting awkward.
"Idiot. Don't talk to me." Khushi looked away, angrily but some what sad.

---

Khushi for one time thought Arnav actually liked her, 
but she was devasted to know those feelings weren't true, nonetheless, she went with the flow.

Arnav lay down on the bed thinking about Khushi and what he said to her today.
"DAMNIT! What the f-ck did I do?! I shouldn't have said that, AAAGGH! Maybe I should call her? NO, she'll feel awk-"

Arnav's phone rang.

"Huh?"

He looked at the caller ID, it was Khushi.

"Hey Khushi! Whats up?"
"Nothing much, I'm just really upset..."
"Why?" Arnav was worrying.
"I don't know, I'm just not in the mood for some reason."
"Well you've come to the right person!"

Arnav was always ready to cheer up Khushi, but little did he know, the only way to
cheer her up this time was to ask her out.

"So much has happened in one day..." She was referring about Arnav and her.
"Oh...Um...forget that!" He tried to keep the awkwardness down.

"Yeah I know, I'm not looking forward for tomorrow cause of Pia..She really seems to hate me..."
"Oh its ok...-"

Arnav's battery died, so he called her with the house phone and told her they'd talk tomorrow on the bus.

---

The routine repeated, Khushi watched her favourite tv show, still wishing she 
found the dream guy, she wished it was Arnav but she thought it was to good 
to be true.

"Kutteh, aaj kaisa itni jaldi agaye?"
[Doggy, how come to came quickly today?] Khushi asked Arnav completely forgetting about the conversation they had last night.
"Oh I don't know, maybe because of you..." 
He winked at her, and she tapped her head like the usual.

Khushi was staring out of the window, she wished her life was a movie, 
where the bestfriend, did end up liking the bestfriend.

Arnav was battling with himself, whether he should tell Khushi how he really feels.

They reached school again just to see their bestfriends running them up to hug them, including Pia.

---

"Get off of me Pia!"  Arnav shouted, the whole hallway paused and looked at Pia, she was embarrassed.
"LOOK I DON'T LIKE YOU. I DON'T WANT YOU AROUND ME. I HATE YOU. AND IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHANCE WITH ME AGAIN, YOU DON'T! I HATE YOUR GUTS. GET AWAY FROM ME."
"Sure Arnav...But these tears in my eyes, show you that I do love you..."
"NO YOU DON'T THERE LIES, GET AWAY FROM ME, I DON'T LOVE YOU! I LOV-" Arnav paused, realizing what he was about to say.

"Who do you love Arnav?"
"I...No..One."
"Yes you do, who? Suzie, Priya? Or..."
"Don't Pia. Don't. You don't know what you're getting into."
"You like her don't you?" Bringing her eyes onto Khushi, every one gasped.
"You also told me you liked someone else for a long time! Thats why you dumped me!
I mean why else would you? I'm the perfect girl friend, why would you dump me unless you liked someone else?!"

"Pia shut the f-ck up."
"No. I want to know is this true?!"

Khushi was just staring at the two fighting, she didn't want to watch any of this, so she started crying and ran to the girl toilets.

"F-ck you Pia. Just F-ck you."

He left after Khushi. 

Khushi got into the girls toilet and locked her self in one of the cubicles having a major break down that too right in the morning, causing her to take alot of stress.
She was tired and sad, and now she was even sadder.

---

"Khushi!" Khushi heard Arnav call out her name, she cupped her mouth and tried to breath, but she couldn't, all she was able to do was cry.

"Khushi, open the goddamn door."
"Nahi! Go away!"
[NO.]

"I can explain!"
"No you can't explain me why you said to me what you said yesterday! Even as a joke?! Because its true! Its all f-cking true!" Khushi put her head in her hands.

"Khushi. Please."
"GET OUT! this is the girls toilet Arnav!" He heard girls scream behind him.
"No! Shut the f-ck up, trying to get something right here!"

"GO AWAY ARNAV."

Khushi opened the door quickly, and ran straight out of the girls toilet ignoring Arnav's gaze, he was right behind her.

"Khushi please." He put his hand on her shoulder to stop her.

Khushi didn't stop, she walked out of the school, she was going down the steps until she fell.

She was ready to take the fall, 
but she knew whose arms those were that caught her, but she still refused to meet his eyes.

"Khushi listen, don't listen to Pia, I like you-"
"Don't say as a friend, cause I know thats not true."
"Khushi..."
"No Arnav, I need space, I'll come around, but for now, I just need to go out, get fresh air."

---

It was class and Khushi was missing because she went home pretending to be sick.

Ms Aliya was taking the register, everyone was present except Khushi, everyone was staring at Arnav who was just plain sad.

"Maam! My partner is absent, and so is Arnav's, can I be his partner for today?!"
"Thats a lovely idea, go sit with him."

Arnav was totally disgusted.

For the first time ever, since he could do nothing about it, spoke to Pia.

"How did you know." Still keeping his eyes on the board.
"About what?" Pia asked cluelessly.
"About...you know what." He said that fiercely causing Pia to shudder.
"Oh, um, your face shows every thing Arnav...I know you too well."
"No you don't some one told you. Tell me who told you damnit." 

He banged his hand on the table causing the whole classes attention to go on to him.

"Sorry Ms Aliya, there was a mosquito."

"Ok class... lets carry on!"

Arnav was bored out of his mind, he really missed Khushi and didn't want Pia to be his partner, even if she was a substitute, he hated it. Even breathing the same air as her was difficult for him.

"Stop thinking about Khushi for good ness sake!" Pia insisted but he refused.
"Pia, once more, I hate you. And i'm never getting with you again ever, no matter what you do, NEVER."
"But what if..."
"What if what?"
"Nothing..Just something..."

Arnav looked away from her weirdness and concentrated on his studies.

2 comments:

  1. nice update

    please don't tell me stupid Pia is going to say she is pregnant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thankyou!<3 lol dw, wasnt thinking about that, shes gonna do something else..:P but this pia drama will be over soon enough<3 so keep reading!xx

      Delete