Monday 3 September 2012

Chapter Two

"Psssssstttt!" Arnav and Khushi looked around the class to see who was calling them, 
until Arnav realized it was Pia.

"Kya!?" He whispered annoyed at her.
"I'm bored, talk to me!"
"No f-ck off! I told you I don't wanna talk to you or see you, heck! i don't even wanna be in the same class as you!" 

Arnav looked away to Khushi staring back at him in a questioned face.

"Kya hua kutteh?"
[What happened doggy?] Khushi asked him teasingly, yet worriedly.
"Oh, Kuch nahi, Pia bakhri thi mujhse."
[Oh nothing, Pia was just talking to me] he replied in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, kya bola usne?"
[Oh, what did she say?]

"Nah nothing, she was getting bored and asked me to talk to her, but that is NO WAY, I say NO WAY, going to happen."

They both giggled causing Pia to get curious about what they were talking about.
She looked at them in curiosity but looked away in anger.

---

"Ok Students, open page 36, and choose a partner, because for this activity 
you need each other!" Ms Aliya shouted out to the class.

"Maam! I don't have a partner" Pia pouted out her lower lip as much as possible 
and asked whether she could go join a couple but luckily Ms had said only two people.

"Phew, close call." Arnav whispered to Khushi, and they looked at each other in relief.

"Pia, you become partners with Arjun."

She walked about to Arjun and looked at him as if he was some disease.

"Pia, I don't care what you want, but seriously don't piss me or my group off." Arjun warned her.
"Ok, I won't piss you off, but I will piss off that stupid little bitch. Khushi.
Oh I hate her so much."
"Don't talk about her like that, you're only here to be my partner, not to bitch 
about my bestfriends."

"Ugh." Pia let out a groan in annoyance and carried on with her work.

Khushi was hard at work thinking about how to solve a question which she had
never done before, Arnav knew how to solve the question, but he always loved Khushi's thinking face, he thought she looked adorable.

 "Aaaaaagh! I just can't get this stupid question!" Khushi talked to her self, 
causing Arnav to snap back to reality, away from the spell, Khushi had put over him.

"Oh well, let me check it out." Arnav pretended to find the question hard at first, but eventually came out, and showed Khushi how to work it out.

---

"Hello Shyam! How are you baby? I missed you so much while I was at work!"

Shyam was Anjali's boyfriend and soon to be fiancee, the two loved each other alot, Shyam was like the perfect boyfriend, so many girls tried to go for him, but just like Arnav, he had eyes for only one girl, Anjali, ever since high school, they've been dating.

"Anjali! I'm fine sweetheart, what about you? I missed you too darling!" He always knew how to make Anjali blush even while they were on the phone.

"When do you wanna meet?"
"Oh when ever you're free gorgeous!" 
"Haha, I'm free at 5:00, have to pick up chotte from the bus stop and his so-called best GIRL friend." Anjali emphasized on the word girl.They both giggled, even Anjali knew Arnav's feelings for Khushi as did Shyam.

"Haha, sure, see you at star bucks lovely!"

There was another hour or two for Arnav and Khushi to get back to home from school, Anjali, Arnav, Khushi and Shyam were all waiting for time to pass by, so they could all have fun after there done working and studying.

---

"So that wasn't a bad first day right?" Khushi asked Arnav hoping he'd reply that it wasn't.
"Meh, theek tha."
[It was alright.]
"Arreyy, Tum aisa kyun bolre ho? Kyunki Pia hamare class mei ayi?"
[Oh god, why are you saying it like that? Because Pia came into our class?"

Arnav gave out a little groan.

"Arnav its ok, what did you say to me this morning? As long as you're with me, nothing can get us down!"
"Yeah but Pia hates you!"
"So? I have many haters Arnav, I mean we all do right?!"
"She can make your life miserable if she finds any loose ends about you."
"So? Let her! as long as I have my bes-"
"NO! She can't make your life miserable, I can't bare to see you miserable!"

Khushi realized Arnav was getting serious, she gave him a chocolate bar she was going to have in lunch, but it got saved.

"She won't, not while you're around." Arnav lit up instantly, they both walked to the bus together.

The whole bus ride Arnav and Khushi, sat together, quiet. They reached the bus stop and only Khushi said bye to everyone happily. Arnav quickly got out of the bus.

---

"Arnav, stop sulking. Kuch nahi hoga!"
[Nothing will happen!]
"Aur AGAR kuch hosaktha?!"
[And if something can happen?!"]
"Then I don't know, we'll get through it together, she's just 16 like us, she's not going to murder be sweet."
"Ok."

They both waited for Di to get them from the bus stop, she finally arrived in her Lamborghini, since it was small spaced from inside, and there were 3 people, Khushi had to adjust some how, she always loved to sit with Arnav while going to his house. 

The front seat had heavy things on it, so it was hard to push the seat infront while getting to the back, which was even more closed in, but she didn't mind, as long as she was sitting next to Arnav, she was fine.

"Chotte, Khushi, I need to get the dish from Shilpa Aunty, so it'll be more cramped, you guys will have to some how adjust!"

Anjali purposely put the large dish of ghee on the place Khushi was sitting on.

"Sorry Khushi baby, liken yeh bagona ku theek se rakhna hai!"
[But I have to keep this dish carefully.]

"Oh thats ok, I'll just um.." she got cut off by Arnav
"Come on." Arnav was tapping his lap.

"What?" Khushi looked at him with popping eyes.
"What do you mean what? Come on sit here, Di needs to keep those here, you're gonna be uncomfortable sitting with it in your hands, so might as well just come and sit on my lap."
"Err.."

Anjali also came into the conversation and convinced Khushi to sit in Arnav's lap.

---

"Alright, I'll sit on your lap." Arnav was happier than before. He held Khushi's waist to help her get onto his lap, and because of Anjali taking a sharp u-turn, she fell on his lap and they instantly looked into each others eyes.

For the first time in all these fifteen years, Khushi felt a spark, as she touched his chest, she realized how hard and muscular it was, she realized the structure of his body was really fit. 
She was tracing the outline of his shirts top button, just like she does with other things. Arnav was staring at her with his melting smirk. She looked up and blushed and looked down again.

Anjali saw the mirror at the top and looked at the two romancing, she giggled to herself and kept driving.

Arnav was happy there were heavy things on each seat, other wise he'd never get this moment. Arnav was still in a trance, and Khushi kept smiling shyly.

This carried on for the next 5 minutes, Khushi was feeling sleepy after the first day like she usually does, but she tried not to sleep cause she was in Arnav's arms, but eventually sleep took over, and she fell asleep.

Arnav stared at her falling more in love with her, he moved a strand of hair away from her face revealing her glowing face.

"Chotte, you loved her all these years, when are you going to tell her?" Anjali asked.
"What Di? Me love my bestfriend? Pfffft no." He was lying.
"Don't lie to me, I know you liked her ever since you two were young."

"Ok, I do." He confessed and looked at her again, she had a cute smile on her face, he melted.

2 comments: